The ideal companion to a warm glass of chocolate milk.
Prep: 1 hour (including 30 minutes chilling time)
Cook: 10-15 minutes
Makes: 20 cookies
100g softened butter
75g golden caster sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
150g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
Black, chocolate and caramel icing pens
White ready to roll icing
- Preheat the oven to 160C Fan. Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick paper.
- Measure the butter and sugar into a processor. Whiz until softened. Add the vanilla and egg yolk and whiz. Add flour and cocoa powder and whiz until a dough is formed.
- Lightly knead on a work surface. Roll out then stamp out 20 Bat cookies. Place on the baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until firm and slightly puffy to look at. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate the wings with squiggles of chocolate and caramel icing. Add small balls of white icing and a dot of black writing pen for the eyes.