The actress, foodie and mother shares recipes from her new book, It’s All Easy
Gwyneth is back. Following on from her previous bestseller, It’s All Good, the Oscar-winning actress and all-round wellbeing advocate is presenting families with a range of game-changing dishes that are healthy and quick to prepare – with many of the recipes taking less than 30 minutes. From easy takes on pasta and pizza to a selection of ‘lunchbox’ ideas made from dinner leftovers, these recipes are Gwyneth’s answer to busy week-nights and the temptation to order in takeaway food. “Even if life isn’t all easy – far from it – sitting down and enjoying a good meal with people you really like can be. It should be,” she says. Amen to that!
TIKKA MASALA ROAST CHICKEN
For this fun twist on a classic, a simple roast chicken is amped up with the complex flavors of Indian chicken tikka masala. The yogurt helps keep the chicken moist, and the natural sugar in the tomato paste creates a beautifully burnished, crispy skin.
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
1tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
1tsp garam masala
1tsp tandoori spice
1 1/2 tsp salt
2tbsp olive oil
1 whole chicken (3 1/2 – 4lbs), spatchcocked or butterflied
• Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, tomato paste, yogurt, garam masala, tandoori spice, salt, and olive oil.
• Rub the marinade all over the chicken, making sure to get as much as possible underneath the skin.
• Place the chicken on a wire rack positioned over an aluminum foil–lined baking sheet (or in a roasting pan) and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check after 40 minutes, and if the chicken is browning too much, cover with foil.
• Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.