Your little ones will love decorating these Organix #NoJunk biscuits; ideal for a tasty Easter treat
Makes approx. 30 biscuits
Prep Time: 10-30 mins
Cooking Time: 10-30 mins
Age suitability: for all the family, toddlers from 12mths+
Suitable for vegetarians
For the biscuits:
• ½ tsp baking powder
• One tsp ground ginger (or more to taste)
• 200g plain flour
• 75g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes (or virgin coconut oil)
• 60mls maple syrup
• Coconut oil, maple syrup or honey for sticking
• Dried fruit such as: raisins, goji berries, etc
• Seeds such as: poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc
• Flaked almonds and flaked or desiccated coconut
• Easter cookie cutters
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C fan / 160°C fan/ gas mark 5
2. Grease and line two baking trays.
3. Stir the baking powder and ginger into the flour, then rub the butter and maple syrup into the mixture with your finger tips. You should be left with a crumbly texture, that will easily press together into a dough. Add a splash of water if needed to bring it together, but not too much.
4. Flour a clean work surface and gently knead the dough, just to bring it together.
5. Roll out to a 3mm thickness and cut out shapes using an Easter cookie cutter. If you want to hang your biscuits, add a small hole at the top of each one using a straw or a small sharp knife. They’ll look just lovely as part of an Easter display, strung up with pastel ribbon.
6. Place onto the baking trays and bake for about 10 – 15 minutes until golden.
7. Carefully transfer the cooked biscuits onto a wire cooling rack, and allow to cool completely before decorating.
1. You can decorate your biscuits with a selection of dried fruit, seeds and coconut, or leave plain if you prefer.
2. Decorations can be stuck to the biscuits using a small amount of coconut oil, maple syrup or honey.
3. Raisins, chopped goji berries and seeds make fantastic eyes for a rabbit or chick, with flaked almonds or desiccated coconut acting as wings or feathers. You can also use fresh fruit to decorate, but the biscuits will need to be eaten straight away if so.
For more tasty family and baby recipes created by the cooks at Organix, visit organix.com