THE SWEET AND PLAYFUL PANCAKE
With banana slices for ears and whipped cream for a nose these pancakes look and taste delicious!
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 pancakes
150g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g caster sugar
1 tbsp sunflower oil
125ml double cream
3 bananas, sliced
Honey or maple syrup, to serve
1. Measure the flour, baking powder, caster sugar, eggs and milk into a mixing bowl. Whisk until you have a smooth batter.
2. Heat a little butter and oil in a frying pan. Spoon tablespoons of batter into the pan to make fairly large round pancakes for the body.
3. When bubbles appear, flip the pancakes over and cook on the other side for a few minutes.
4. In the same way, make smaller pancakes for the face and the paws of the rabbit. Continue to cook the pancakes until all the batter is used up, adding more butter and oil to the pan as and when necessary.
5. Arrange the pancakes on plates to make the shape of a bunny and decorate with slices of banana for the ears and the feet.
6. Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then pipe a tail onto each of the bunnies.
7. Drizzle with a little honey or maple syrup.
Looking for more food inspiration? Visit annabelkarmel.com