Leonora Bamford shares her favourite seasonal recipe to enjoy with the kids – chocolate mousse
250ml double cream
150g cooking chocolate
50g milk chocolate
- Put the double cream into a pan on a medium heat and leave to warm up.
- Let the children break the chocolate up into small pieces.
- Once the cream starts to steam remove it from the heat and add the chocolate. Avoid giving it a stir – it will melt on its own!
- Separate the eggs, putting the yolks aside in a small bowl and the whites in a large clean bowl.
- Whisk the whites until they reach soft peaks, then add 1 tbsp of sugar at a time and whisk until shiny.
- Next, stir the chocolate mixture and make sure it’s cooled a little.
- Add the egg yolks and combine.
- Slowly fold in spoonfuls of the chocolate mixture into the egg whites one at a time until everything is combined. Don’t be too heavy-handed with it.
- Pour the mixture into individual ramekins or glasses, or a big bowl, and leave to cool in the fridge.
- My children love decorating the top with sprinkles and raspberries.