As summer sets in, create your own Kidchella with music, games and lashings of colour
1. Rainbow piñata, £12.99, partypieces.co.uk 2. 37ft cotton bunting, £29.99, partypieces.co.uk 3. Paper cups (pack of eight), £1.49, partypieces.co.uk 4. Cactus cake pop, £3.50, popbakery.com 5. Sun & moon temporary tattoos, £1.75, littlelulubel.com 6. Roberts revival DAB radio, £169.95, johnlewis.com 7. Postbox party hippy headband name game, £10.50, noths.com 8. Kilner drinks dispenser, £19.99, partypieces.co.uk 9. Plastic plates (pack of 20), £4.99, partypieces.co.uk 10. Out There Interiors large floor cushion, £155, noths.com 11. Festival floor cushion, £80, frenchbedroomcompany.com
• A festival theme is the perfect opportunity to do something different with your seating. Create a carpet of comfy floor cushions for your guests to chill out on.
• No festival is complete without a tent or two! Children’s fabric teepees come in an amazing array of prints and are much easier to put up than your usual camping tent. Once summer is over, take the teepee inside to use as an indoor playhouse.
• Dress your party space in a riot of colours and textures – a festival theme is definitely an exception to the rule ‘less is more’. Think rainbows, tassels, bunting, lanterns and florals.
• Give your party bags a festival makeover, too. Send guests away with themed goodies such as friendship bracelets and temporary tattoos.
• A celebration cake can be tricky to slice and eat if you’re on the floor. Opt for quirky cake pops as a fun alternative.