SPOOKY STUFFED PEPPERS
It’s not just pumpkins you can get creative with this Halloween, for something a bit different, have fun carving out spooky faces into orange peppers.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Makes: 2 stuffed pepper
2 orange peppers
75g long grain rice
50g butternut squash or pumpkin, finely diced
1 tbsp sunflower oil
4 spring onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
50g cooked chicken breast, diced
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
20g parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
- Cook the rice in boiling water according to the packet instructions and drain.
- Cook the squash in boiling water for 5 minutes and drain
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the spring onions, garlic and thyme and fry for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, rice, squash and tomatoes. Fry for 2 minutes. Add the cheese, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Toss over the heat and season.
- Slice the tops off the peppers, reserving the lids. Remove the seeds from the inside. Carve scary faces from one side of each pepper using a sharp pointed knife.
- Fill the peppers with the rice mixture and put the tops back on