The Little London Awards is BACK for 2017, and we need your votes! Here, we look at two of the categories in a little more detail; best travel essential and best travel company…
A genuinely brilliant travel company is of utmost value when planning family getaways and this award will champion the best company for booking unforgettable, hassle-free holidays. Let’s take a look at our six nominees…
1. Abercrombie & Kent – Abercrombie & Kent was founded in 1962 by Geoffrey Kent when he set off for Kenya’s bush country in a Land Rover adapted with refrigeration and his mother’s silver ice bucket, setting the tone for every A&K journey that followed. Today, over 50 years on from that first safari in East Africa, you can experience the A&K difference more than 100 countries on all seven continents.
2. Bushbaby Travel – Family specialist Bushbaby Travel was launched in 2004, focusing on authentic and exciting long-haul family travel. Every holiday is tailor-made and designed for parents by parents, encompassing tots to teens, holidays with friends and family, and even ideas for those ‘just us’ times for couples looking to indulge, explore or celebrate.
3. Powder Byrne – Powder Byrne is an award-winning luxury family holiday specialist with a real difference. It has been crafting bespoke holidays since 1985, with a focus on the highest quality, flexibility and service. The company operate its own exclusive kids’ programmes for skiing and beach holidays and offers dedicated services, which make all the difference to parents. Nothing is too much trouble when it comes to getting the little details right.
4. Scott Dunn – Scott Dunn is not your average luxury travel company; almost anything you can imagine, Scott Dunn can create. Or, if you don’t know where to start, the company’s specialists can help and inspire you. Everything it does is tailor-made by the in-house experts, who each know their specialist area like the back of their hand.
5. Ski Famille – Ski Famille is dedicated to making family ski holidays hassle-free and great value in the best ski resorts in the French Alps. The company’s sole focus is on families, meaning no compromises for parents or children. It has over 26 years’ experience of providing family ski holidays with in-chalet childcare, and is all about creating an enjoyable ski holiday for the whole family.
6. Tots To Travel – Tots To Travel offers luxury baby and toddler-friendly holidays in the UK and Europe with outstanding levels of customer service. The brand promises complete peace of mind for the whole of your trip, with 30+ point child safety checks at every property, that all private pools are barriered for safety, and a baby and toddler kit of 20 essential items, guaranteed at no extra cost.
This award recognises those ‘cannot live without’ items for when we are on-the-go with kids in tow. Let’s take a closer look at our nine nominees…
1. A Little Bit Brilliant SpaceCot – The SpaceCot’s arrival heralds the beginning of a new era of baby travel. With its use of innovative space technologies, weighing just 6kg and with a compact carry case, SpaceCot is the lightest and easiest folding travel cot on the market. The unique design means SpaceCot opens and closes in under three seconds without the need to bend down, so it is quick and easy to set up when parents need it most.
2. AVERY ROW Go Everywhere Mat – The Go Everywhere Mat is the indispensable playmat for parent and baby on the go; designed to be hooked on your buggy or slotted into your changing bag. Both the premium, hard-wearing waxed cotton mat and luxury leather carry strap are designed and manufactured in the UK.
3. Bundle Beds – The Bundle Beds comes complete with a deceptively slim but super-comfortable self-inflating mattress, a built-in luxury duvet and pillow and soft, cosy 100% jersey cotton sheets for a great night’s sleep. Simply unclip, unroll, unzip and it’s ready to use. The reverse is just as simple and quick. Added to that, it’s durable, washable and practical. The adventure starts here, so what are you waiting for?
4. Penny Scallan 4 Wheel Spinner – Take little ones on big adventures with Penny Scallon’s 4-Wheel Spinner. The practical, 100% water-resistant design features a retractable handle and four wheels for smooth manoeuvring. It has a roomy interior, yet is compact enough to fit in overhead compartments. It’s also super stylish – choose from six iconic Australian designs with silicon name tags to ensure that little adventurers shine.
5. Sleepyhead Of Sweden / Sleepyhead Deluxe – Sleepyhead® is the ultimate newborn must-have (preemies included). Highly-portable, Sleepyhead® can be used around-the-house, on the go or when travelling. Suitable for co-sleeping, tummy time, lounge, rest and play, Sleepyhead® is the only product that helps ‘reinvent the womb™’ allowing baby to feel snug, cosy and sleep better and for longer.
6. Splash About Go Splash Swim Vest – Ideal for holidays, the Go Splash Swim Vest is slim, compact and lightweight. It packs almost flat in a suitcase, yet it’s been technically designed to be robust and deliver the levels of buoyancy required to provide a safe, learn-to-swim experience for children aged 1-6years. It conforms to CE European Standards, has a chunky secure safety zip and the non-removable, puncture proof foam floats have been ergonomically designed to ensure a slim, comfortable, but safe fit for children.
7. Splash About New Improved Happy Nappy – Perfect for the pool at home, but ideal for travel too, Splash About has revealed the most reliable, reusable swim nappy on the market today – the New Improved Happy Nappy. Offering ultimate protection against faecal leaks in the pool due to its ergonomic design, the product is technically constructed from malleable neoprene, with unique contoured panels to cup baby’s bottom, an innovative fitted gusset and specialist-pressured fabric at the waist and legs creates a secure, comfortable seal.
8. Storksak Cabin Carry-On – The Cabin Carry-On is a new approach to travel with a smart fold-away hanging organiser system inside. Designed for short-haul, weekend travel or as the perfect hospital bag to keep you organised. Available in black or grey, it’s ideal for carry-on luggage, making travelling with families that little bit easier.
9. Swift by Hauck Fun for Kids – This especially light buggy is perfect for the city and anyone who loves to travel. The one-hand fold makes it easy to fold up compactly and it can be carried using a shoulder strap, leaving the other hand free for your child. The Swift has a light, aluminum frame, suspension and front wheels that swivel through 360°, making it easily maneuverable and comfortable to push.
Vote in the Little London Awards and you and your family could be sunning yourself right here in the Maldives!
Got all of that? Great! If you think you’ve made your mind up, you can cast your all-important vote by clicking HERE. Oh – and did we mention that, by voting, you’ll be entered into a prize draw to win a luxury family holiday to the Maldives?! Get voting, people!